Monday, July 20, 2009

Finding a happy place

I've been a little preoccupied lately. Ok, I've been a lot preoccupied lately. Also self absorbed.
If you're lucky enough to not know what I'm talking about, let's leave it that way. The people that have been forced into listening to my long and rambling complaints have suffered enough without me taking it on the road via the world wide web.
However, in a bid to cheer myself up today, I located this little video I made back in 2006. Summer '06. The summer of suffering. Bar exam summer. The summer when I lived for a week off of a pan of brownies and convinced myself the giant spider outside the dining room window was my friend (I named her Charlotte, proving that I was both lonely and lacking creativity at the time). That summer royally sucked - until the end. A few days after the bar exam I hopped on a plane to London for a week in England with my parents, Nathan, and Kelly. It was my first trip to Western Europe and it required zero knowledge of tort law. I had a blast!
Now that I'm looking at another summer that is dragging by, this little memory makes me smile and gives me hope for September.

No comments: